COFFEE MOUSSE CANAPE
Coffee mousse canape served on sponge cake canapes,
- 2 tsps instant coffee powder
- one cup fresh cream
- one cup chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 dark sponge cake
- Chocolate triangles, as required
- Heat cream in a non-stick pan, add white chocolate, mix and cook stirring till chocolate melts.
- Add coffee powder mixed in 2 tbsps water and mix well. Set aside to cool.
- Put the whipping cream in a bowl and whip till stiff.
- Strain the cream-chocolate mixture into another bowl. Keep both the bowls in the refrigerator to chill.
- Cut ½ inch thick slices of the cake. Place different shaped cookie cutters on the cake slices and stamp out pieces.
- Take both the bowls out of the refrigerator. Add ½ the whipped cream to the cream-chocolate mixture and mix together well. Chill in the refrigerator for some more time.
- Put some of this mixture on each cake piece. Put the remaining whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe out rosettes on each cake piece.
- Place a chocolate triangle over each piece and serve chilled.